Chapter 15. Automating infrastructure management
This chapter covers
- Using CloudWatch alarms to trigger Lambda functions to solve infrastructure issues
- Using Amazon SNS as a trigger for AWS Lambda
- Using CloudWatch events and Lambda functions to synchronize a DNS or a service discovery tool
- Using Lambda functions to process CloudWatch logs
- Using CloudWatch events to schedule management activities
- Designing a multiregion architecture using Amazon API Gateway, Lambda functions, and DynamoDB tables
In the previous chapter, you learned how to implement automatic deployment using Amazon S3 as the trigger of Lambda deploying functions, or using AWS CloudFormation to manage Lambda functions via a text file.
Now you’ll apply what you learned in this ...