8+ Hours of Video Instruction
Takes the ambiguity out of the Microsoft cloud by showing how to make various Microsoft cloud solutions, including Azure, Office 365, and Exchange Server 2016 among others, work together with each other and with resources in the local datacenter.
This video is completely hands on, starting at square one and showing everything you need to do to deploy each environment correctly and to establish seamless functionality between the environments.
- Explains how to link all of Microsoft’s major cloud platforms together and make them work seamlessly with resources in the local datacenter.
- Covers identity federation, which is a major issue for organizations that use multiple clouds.
- Teaches methods for managing resources such as users, devices, and applications in multi-cloud environments, and explains how those methods differ from those used in a traditional Windows Server environment.
About the Instructor
Brien Posey is a 15 time Microsoft MVP and has worked in IT for more than 20 years. He spent the last 15 years working as a freelance technology author and speaker. Previously, Posey worked as a CIO for a national chain of hospitals and healthcare facilities. Past experience includes working as a network engineer for the United States Department of Defense at Fort Knox and as a network administrator for some of the largest insurance companies in America. Brien has also spent the last two years training as a Scientist-Astronaut candidate and continues to pursue this area of interest. Other LiveLessons videos from Brien Posey include, Practical Windows PowerShell Scripting; Microsoft Exchange Server 2016; Building, Managing, and Migrating Virtual Machines with Hyper-V and Azure, and most recently; PowerShell for Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics.
- Beginner to Intermediate
Learn How To
- Deploy Microsoft Exchange
- Deploy System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Create a hybrid Exchange Server deployment with Office 365
- Configure Office 365 to use Azure AD
- Create virtual machines in Azure and Hyper-V and manage them using Virtual Machine Manager
- Manage mobile devices using Intune
Who Should Take This Course
Anyone who needs to make their on-premises Microsoft servers work with public cloud services such as Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune
A basic understanding of Windows Server and general networking.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: Building the Management Network
- Lesson 2: Preparing the Management Network
- Lesson 3: Creating the Lab Domain
Lesson 4: Deploying Exchange Server
- Learning objectives 00:00:50
- 4.1 Prepare the Active Directory 00:09:37
- 4.2 Deploy a Mailbox Server 00:09:13
- 4.3 Configure the email address policy 00:07:38
- 4.4 Configure the DNS server 00:09:01
- 4.5 Deploy an Edge server 00:10:31
- 4.6 Create an Edge subscription 00:09:42
- 4.7 Create user accounts and mailboxes 00:07:36
- 4.8 Test mail flow 00:07:17
Lesson 5: Using Resources on Office 365
- Learning objectives 00:00:39
- 5.1 Create an Office 365 subscription 00:04:12
- 5.2 Connect Outlook to a local Exchange mailbox 00:07:19
- 5.3 Extend a domain to Office 365 00:09:37
- 5.4 Create mailboxes on Exchange Online 00:11:22
- 5.5 Configure hybrid Exchange, Part 1 00:14:35
- 5.6 Configure hybrid Exchange, Part 2 00:16:20
- 5.7 Verify hybrid Exchange 00:10:05
- Lesson 6: Making Use of Microsoft Azure
Lesson 7: Creating Azure Virtual Machines
- Learning objectives 00:00:41
- 7.1 Create a virtual machine in Azure, Part 1 00:08:30
- 7.2 Create a virtual machine in Azure, Part 2 00:14:14
- 7.3 Connect to an Azure virtual machine 00:04:52
- 7.4 Link Virtual Machine Manager to Azure, Part 1 00:05:51
- 7.5 Link Virtual Machine Manager to Azure, Part 2 00:12:29
Lesson 8: Extending Your Network to Azure
- Learning objectives 00:00:42
- 8.1 Understand the need for better Azure connectivity 00:13:03
- 8.2 Deploy an RRAS server 00:08:45
- 8.3 Create an Azure gateway 00:12:50
- 8.4 Configure the RRAS server 00:06:54
- Lesson 9: Support Mobile Devices
- Title: Azure, Office 365, and Exchange Server 2016: Making Cloud Solutions Work Together with the Local DataCenter
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780134761046