Plastering is the process of covering rough walls and uneven surfaces in the construction of houses and other structures with a plastic material, called plaster, which is a mixture of lime or cement concrete and sand along with the required quantity of water.
21.1 REQUIREMENTS OF GOOD PLASTER
- It should adhere to the background and should remain adhered during all climatic changes.
- It should be cheap and economical.
- It should be hard and durable.
- It should be possible to apply it during all weather conditions.
- It should effectively check the entry or penetration of moisture from the surfaces.
- It should possess good workability.
21.1.1 Objective of plastering
- To provide an even, smooth, regular, clean and durable finished ...
Get Basic Civil Engineering now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.