Plastering is the process of covering rough walls and uneven surfaces in the construction of houses and other structures with a plastic material, called plaster, which is a mixture of lime or cement concrete and sand along with the required quantity of water.
21.1 REQUIREMENTS OF GOOD PLASTER
- It should adhere to the background and should remain adhered during all climatic changes.
- It should be cheap and economical.
- It should be hard and durable.
- It should be possible to apply it during all weather conditions.
- It should effectively check the entry or penetration of moisture from the surfaces.
- It should possess good workability.
21.1.1 Objective of plastering
- To provide an even, smooth, regular, clean and durable finished ...