Apache Kudu is a required skill in the Big Data world because it addresses problems that are difficult or impossible to implement on current generation Hadoop storage technologies. Big data developers, architects, and engineers looking to add this skill can do so with this easy to understand hands-on exploration of Kudu's basics.
The course shows you how to install the Kudu quickstart and set up an environment, explains the essentials of Kudu data management, and introduces Apache Impala, the low-latency distributed SQL query engine for the Hadoop ecosystem. It also demonstrates how the Kudu-Impala combination allows fast analytics without losing real-time updating abilities, and explains how to use Kudu's Java APIs to create, read, and update data.
- Master the basics of Kudu quickly and easily by using it in a hands-on environment
- Understand the Kudu installation options and the basics of Kudu data management
- Learn to integrate Impala with Kudu and gain experience using Kudu's Java API
- Upgrade your ability to do fast analytics by learning the fundamentals of Kudu architecture.
- Title: Basic Kudu Installation, API Usage, and SQL Integration
- Release date: February 2017
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781491985694
You might also like
Virtualizing Hadoop: How to Install, Deploy, and Optimize Hadoop in a Virtualized Architecture
Plan and Implement Hadoop Virtualization for Maximum Performance, Scalability, and Business Agility Enterprises running Hadoop must …
Using Kudu with Apache Spark and Apache Flume
Apache Kudu, the breakthrough storage technology, is often used in conjunction with other Hadoop ecosystem frameworks …
Hadoop Real-World Solutions Cookbook - Second Edition
Over 90 hands-on recipes to help you learn and master the intricacies of Apache Hadoop 2.X, …
Building a Near Real-Time Analytical Application with Kudu
Building near real-time analytical applications that combine real-time data inserts, updates, and fast analytics is almost …