No matter what your role is in an organization, creating change and introducing new ideas can be messy, unpredictable, and extremely difficult. In this video, Lois Kelly and Carmen Medina, authors of Rebels at Work, share practical techniques and useful insights that will help you take action and successfully overcome organizational and personal resistance to change.
- Get unstuck and get your head into the game
- Understand the organization's culture and how it works
- Diagnose what’s really holding the organization back from acting
- Find supporters and learn how to harness their collective wisdom and energy
- Create an effective in-house word-of-mouth campaign to sell your ideas
- Master techniques for presenting your ideas that will maximize your prospects for success
- Manage and respond to common objections
- Know how to assess when it's time to quit—or time to push harder
- Recover and learn from setbacks and failures
The video features in-depth interviews with thought-leaders on topics ranging from anger to resilience, including:
- Peter Vander Auwera, co-founder of Innotribe, SWIFT’s innovation initiative, and founder of Corporate Rebels United.
- Brice Challamel, author, entrepreneur, expert in innovation management.
- Jeffrey Davis, author, founder of Tracking Wonder, and expert in how creatives flourish in times of challenge and change.
- Maria DeCarvalho, executive coach focused on helping courageous leaders grow their minds, hearts and souls.
- Paul Furey, psychologist specializing in teaching people how to have the real conversations that solve business problems.
- Adam Grant, the top rated teacher at The Wharton School, author, and one of the world’s 25 most influential management thinkers.
- Paula Prober, counselor and teacher, specializing in gifted adults
- Maria Sirois, inspirational speaker, author and psychologist with deep expertise in resilience and positive psychology.
- Linda Stroh, author and professor emeritus, Loyola University, Chicago.
- Tenneson Woolf, facilitator, workshop leader, speaker and writer.
Lois Kelly, an author and marketing strategist, counsels executives and creative teams in large corporations such as FedEx, SAP, HP, Fidelity Investments, Dunkin’ Donuts, TJ Maxx, SAS Institute, USAA, Sapient, and many others.
Carmen Medina was one of the highest-ranking women at the Central Intelligence Agency during 32 years of service. She now works with Deloitte Consulting, helping consultants become innovative and independent thinkers.
Table of contents
Part I: Welcome to the Course
- Introduction 00:05:01
Part II: Problem Solving
- Spot Need 00:03:56
Part III: Fear
- Face Worries 00:05:02
Part IV: Preparation
- Develop Your Optimism and Positivity featuring Dr. Maria Sirois 00:19:15
- Assess Thinking Styles: Yours and The Organization's 00:19:25
- Earn Credibility and Trust featuring Dr. Linda Stroh 00:14:29
- Know Your Organization featuring Dr. Adam M. Grant 00:23:25
- Diagnose What's Really Holding The Organization Back from Acting featuring Maria DeCarvalho 00:48:38
Part V: Framing Ideas
- Frame The Issue 00:11:26
- Part VI: Enlist Support
- Part VII: Communicate Like an Activist
- Part VIII: Use Conflict Productively
Part IX: Taking Stock of Progress
- Reassess and Refine 00:06:01
- Part X: Succeed or Quit
Part XI: Parting Shots
- Rebel Wisdom: Parting Shots 00:11:23
- Title: Be a Brave, Big-Hearted Rebel at Work
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491931981
You might also like
Power of Communication (Video), The: The Nine Principles of Effective Leadership Communication
This is a companion video to The Power of Communication: Skills to Build Trust, Inspire Loyalty, …
Emotional Vampires: Dealing with People Who Drain You Dry, Revised and Expanded, 2nd Edition (Audio Book)
Protect yourself from people who take undue advantage and suck the energy out of your life …
Work Without Stress: Building a Resilient Mindset for Lasting Success (Audio Book)
A critical professional and leadership skill, resilience can be learned and developed. Based on 30 years …
Think on Your Feet: Tips and Tricks to Improve Your Impromptu Communication Skills on the Job (Audio Book)
An engaging guide to developing the mental agility to make you a bolder, better, more confident …