The Answer to Global Overload
Contending with the 24/7 news cycle and an endless barrage of choices and information has stymied leadership and decision-making strategies among those at the top. But we all know, this is not a just a problem for the elite. The broad-based reaction to this chaotic, unmanageable assault has been to retrench, and to focus on immediate, controllable decisions. In the process, we lose sight of the horizon. More dangerous still, is the shift we've seen from value creation to wealth creation, where information technology 1.0 has enabled a transaction-based society in which the "deal" is more important than the value it drives or the relationships it is based on. On our current path, the odds of a better future are slim.
What we need is a new value proposition.
Beating the Global Odds is the answer to the dangers of too much of a good thing. There's no going back, but there is the opportunity to set things right. In this book, Paul A. Laudicina, Managing Partner and Chairman of the Board of global consulting firm A.T. Kearney, provides a fast-paced and engaging tour of how we got to this point and what we can do about it.
Drawing on examples from everything from world history and current media to anecdotes from his vast network of CEOs and the world's most innovative thinkers, Laudicina helps bring our world of seemingly fuzzy and disconnected pixels into sharp focus.
The result is a compelling case for change and call to action—not only for global leaders but also for everyone who struggles with the question of how we can inspire and seize a better future... how we can beat the global odds.
Table of Contents
- Wiley Global Finance
- Praise for Beating the Global Odds
- Title page
- Copyright page
- Chapter 1 Global Brain Freeze
- Chapter 2 Fast and Fickle
- Chapter 3 Rudderless World
- Chapter 4 Lighten the Load and Make It Sesame Street Simple
- Chapter 5 Repair Your Social Fabric
- Chapter 6 Don’t Wait for the Next Big Thing
- Chapter 7 Open the Aperture
- Chapter 8 Turning Pixels into a Clearer Picture
- Selected Bibliography
- About the Author
- Title: Beating the Global Odds: Successful Decision-making in a Confused and Troubled World
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118347119