"An amazingly comprehensive collection of designs, options, examples, and techniques on how to move from conflict avoidance to constructive resolution."
—Jim Kouzes, coauthor, The Leadership Challenge
Praise for Craig E. Runde and Tim A. Flanagan's Books
Building Conflict Competent Teams
"A comprehensive, thoroughly researched guide to the crucial and inevitable role conflict plays on a team."
—Patrick Lencioni, author, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
"Conflict happens on the best of teams. Building Conflict Competent Teams shows team leaders as well as team members how to constructively tackle the challenges that come when people disagree. This book is a must-read for anyone who wants to lead, or belong to, a high-performing team."
—Ken Blanchard, coauthor, The One Minute Manager and The One Minute Entrepreneur™
"Runde and Flanagan have put together a clear, well-written guide to the nature and sources of conflict that arise in teams and, more important, how to maximize the chances that conflict turns out to be the good thing that teams thrive on instead of the bad thing that destroys team performance."
—Douglas Smith, author, The Wisdom of Teams
Developing Your Conflict Competence
"A must-have guidebook for the new age of global business. This book shows every leader how to turn feelings of fear into feelings of safety, suspicion into trust, and competitiveness into collaboration."
—Jim Kouzes, coauthor of the bestselling book The Leadership Challenge
"Craig Runde and Tim Flanagan use their vast experience to give us Developing Your Conflict Competence. Move beyond negative workplace conflict to positive and constructive outcomes with the simple tools and suggestions in this must-read field guide!"
—Marshall Goldsmith, bestselling author of What Got You Here Won't Get You There, Succession: Are You Ready, and MOJO
Table of contents
- FREE Premium Content
- Title page
- Copyright page
- A Joint Publication of The Jossey-Bass Business & Management Series and The Center for Creative Leadership
- Preface to the Second Edition
- 1 The What and Why of Conflict Competent Leaders
- 2 Understanding the Dynamics of Conflict and Your Responses to It
- 3 Cool Down
- 4 Slow Down and Reflect
- 5 Preventing Destructive Responses to Conflict
- 6 Fostering Constructive Responses to Conflict
- 7 Developing and Leading Conflict Competent Teams
- 8 Creating Conflict Competent Organizations
- The Authors
- About the Center for Creative Leadership
- Title: Becoming a Conflict Competent Leader: How You and Your Organization Can Manage Conflict Effectively, 2nd Edition
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118370421