Building an ASP.NET Website
What you will learn in this chapter:
- The different project types you can choose from as a starting point for your ASP.NET websites
- The different project templates that are available to jump-start your site development
- The numerous file types available in ASP.NET and what they are used for
- Ways to create structured websites that are easy to manage, now and in the future
- How to use the designer tools to create formatted web pages
Wrox.com Code Downloads for this Chapter
You can find the wrox.com code downloads for this chapter on the Download Code tab at www.wrox.com/remtitle.cgi?isbn=1118311809. The code is in the Chapter 2 download.
Besides these technologies, you also have to understand the Visual Studio IDE that was introduced in the previous chapter. You need to know how to create sites, add pages, and manage all the toolbars and windows that Visual Studio (VS) offers you. In addition, you need to know how to build and design web pages in VS with HTML and server ...