Use a step-by-step process to create and deploy your first Azure IoT Edge solution.
Modern day developers and architects in today’s cloud-focused world must understand when it makes sense to leverage the cloud. Computing on the edge is a new paradigm for most people. The Azure IoT Edge platform uses many existing technologies that may be familiar to developers, but understanding how to leverage those technologies in an edge computing scenario can be challenging.
Beginning Azure IoT Edge Computing demystifies computing on the edge and explains, through concrete examples and exercises, how and when to leverage the power of intelligent edge computing. It introduces the possibilities of intelligent edge computing using the Azure IoT Edge platform, and guides you through hands-on exercises to make edge computing approachable, understandable, and highly useful.
Through user-friendlydiscussion you will not only understand how to build edge solutions, but also when to build them. By explaining some common solution patterns, the decision on when to use the cloud and when to avoid the cloud will become much clearer.
What You'll Learn
- Create and deploy Azure IoT Edge solutions
- Recognize when to leverage the intelligent edge pattern and when to avoid it
- Leverage the available developer tooling to develop and debug IoT Edge solutions
- Know which off-the-shelf edge computing modules are available
- Become familiar with some of the lesser-known device protocols used in conjunction with edge computing
- Understand how to securely deploy and bootstrap an IoT Edge device
- Explore related topics such as containers and secure device provisioning
Table of contents
- Front Matter
- 1. Do I Need an Intelligent Edge?
- 2. Azure IoT Edge Core Concepts
- 3. Azure IoT Edge Development Environment
- 4. Hello Edge
- 5. Developing and Debugging Edge Modules
- 6. Analytics on the Edge
- 7. Device Provisioning Service
- 8. Azure IoT Edge Security
- 9. Azure DevOps for IoT Edge Solutions
- Back Matter
- Title: Beginning Azure IoT Edge Computing: Extending the Cloud to the Intelligent Edge
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484245361
You might also like
Hands-On Industrial Internet of Things
Build a strong and efficient IoT infrastructure at industrial and enterprise level by mastering Industrial IoT …
Azure IoT Development Cookbook
Over 50 recipes to drive IoT innovation with Microsoft Azure About This Book Build secure and …
Azure Internet of Things Revealed: Architecture and Fundamentals
Design, build, and justify an optimal Microsoft IoT footprint to meet your project needs. This book …