C H A P T E R 3
Creating Database and Tables
When developing applications, you’ll often be required to create a database and add tables to it, rather than just using an existing database and table objects. This chapter is about creating a fresh database and then creating the tables that it contains.
In this chapter, I’ll cover the following:
- Launching SQL Server Management Studio
- Types of SQL Server databases
- The architecture of a SQL Server database
- Creating a database in a simple way
- Creating a database with your own settings
- Creating tables
Launching SQL Server Management Studio
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) has been the main development tool for SQL Server since 2005. You can use SSMS to implement, develop, and administer databases. ...