C H A P T E R 8
For any business, transactions play a key role. They may comprise many individual operations and even other transactions. Transactions are essential for maintaining data integrity both for multiple related operations and when multiple users update the database concurrently.
This chapter will talk about the concepts related to transactions and how transactions can be used in SQL Server 2012.
In this chapter, I’ll cover the following:
- What is a transaction?
- When to use transactions
- Understanding ACID properties
- Transaction design
- Transaction state
- Specifying transaction boundaries
- T-SQL statements allowed in a transaction
- Local transactions in SQL Server 2012
- Distributed transactions in SQL Server ...