CHAPTER 9More on Functions
Now that you've completed Chapter 8, you have a good grounding in the essentials of creating and using functions. In this chapter you'll build on that foundation by exploring how functions can be used and manipulated; in particular, you'll investigate how you can access a function through a pointer. You'll also be working with some more flexible methods of communicating between functions.
In this chapter you'll learn the following:
- What pointers to functions are and how you use them
- How to use static variables in functions
- How to share variables between functions
- How functions can call themselves without resulting in an indefinite loop
- How to write an Othello-type game (also known as Reversi)