I’ll sometimes have to make use of things in examples before I have explained them in detail. This chapter is intended to help when this occurs by giving you an overview of the major elements of C++ and how they hang together. I’ll also explain a few concepts relating to the representation of numbers and characters in your computer. In this chapter you’ll learn:
- What is meant by Modern C++
- The elements of a C++ program
- How to document your program code
- How your C++ code becomes an executable program
- How object-oriented programming differs from procedural programming
- What binary, hexadecimal, and octal number systems are ...