Beginning Facebook Game Apps Development gets you started with building your first game apps that run on Facebook. Become your own "Zynga" and create your own "Civilization" or "Farmville" and more. Build rich Web-based apps that you can sell on Facebook's App Store.
Because these apps are built on Web standards, you can build and run on many browsers and—more interestingly—more computers, tablets, smartphones and even other devices and appliances that are Web-connected or enabled.
What you'll learn
Build your first Facebook game apps!
Enhance your first Facebook game app with social media, location-based services, etc.
Obtain a basic framework for a Facebook game app that you can build upon and customize for your own specific app design and development needs
Package, deploy and sell your first Facebook game app on Facebook's new App Store
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: First Steps
- Chapter 3: It's All About Context: Canvas Basics
- Chapter 4: The Plan: Idea to Design
- Chapter 5: Essential Game Components
- Chapter 6: Your First Game: Alien Turtle Invasion
- Chapter 7: Social Components and HTML5 Games
- Chapter 8: Introducing the Facebook Platform
- Chapter 9: Facebook Developer Tools
- Chapter 10: Creating Your First Facebook Game
- Chapter 11: Adding Facebook Components
- Chapter 12: Launching Your Game
- Chapter 13: HTML5 Game Engines
- Chapter 14: Facebook Fuzed
- Title: Beginning Facebook Game Apps Development
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430241706