Defining the Game
If you recall, back in Chapter 4, I discussed the design process. In the Brainstorming section, I laid out a boilerplate for defining the game. For the game we develop in this chapter, here are the objective and rules:
Idea: Alien Turtle Invasion
Objective: Shoot all the turtle invaders before they shoot you.
- This is a single-player game.
- The game is played in space.
- There are 10 enemy ships.
- There is one spaceship to defend earth.
- Invaders will move back and forth across the screen.
- Invaders will fire missiles at a set interval.
- The spaceship is controlled by the player.
- The defender can shoot lasers at the turtle invaders.
- The game is over if the player’s spaceship is hit by a missile.
- The level is over if all the ...