Beginning iOS Cloud and Database Development gets you started with building apps that use Apple's iCloud. You'll learn the techniques which will enable you to devise and create iOS apps that can interact with iCloud servers. From the basics up, you'll progressively learn how to configure your app for iCloud, upload and download files, implement revisions, add conflict resolution policies, and work with custom documents.
There's more! You'll learn how to integrate iCloud with Core Data based applications. Besides technical advice, you'll find suggestions and best practices to design the interaction of iCloud-driven applications.
According to many industry sources, analysts, and shows, Apple will rely more and more on iCloud or web apps in the cloud to store and stream data-intensive media and other kinds of apps. As the majority of apps use some sort of data—and that only will grow as apps become more complex with rich and streaming media—this book shows developers how to create apps for iCloud, Apple's new cloud computing storage and data service.
What you'll learn
How to use, design, and develop for iCloud, including iOS data-driven apps, media apps and more
How to work with documents in iCloud
How to create custom documents in iCloud
How to work with Core Data and iCloud
Who this book is for
This book is for iOS developers who want to build apps for or that use the new iCloud platform.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: Cloud Database Development — The Basics
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Cloud
- Chapter 3: Applications for the Cloud
- Chapter 4: Basic Setup of iCloud and Key-Value Storage
- Chapter 5: iCloud Document Storage with UIDocument
- Chapter 6: iCloud with Core Data
- Chapter 7: Testing and App Submission
- Title: Beginning iOS Cloud and Database Development
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430241133