Get in the game and start building games for the iPhone or iPad!
Whether you only have a little experience with iOS programming or even none at all, this accessible guide is ideal for getting started developing games for the iPhone and iPad. Experienced developer and author Patrick Alessi presents the iOS system architecture, gives you the step-by-step of game development, and introduces the languages used to develop games. From the basic building blocks to including drawing, responding to user interaction, animation, and sound, this book provides a one-stop-shop for getting your game up and running.
Explores the tools and methodology used to develop games for the iPhone and iPad
Requires no previous experience with building a game for the iOS platform
Details how iOS games require different considerations than other applications
Addresses working with the Xcode programming environment, how to draw with the Quartz 2D API, ways to handle user input, and techniques for incorporating animation with Core Animation and sound with Core Audio
If you're ready to jump on the gaming app bandwagon, then this book is what you need to get started!
Table of Contents
Part I: The Tools to Get Started
- Chapter 1: Games on iOS
- Chapter 2: The Xcode Programming Environment
- Chapter 3: The C Programming Language
- Chapter 4: The Objective-C Programming Language
- Chapter 5: The Cocoa Foundation Framework
Part II: Game Building Blocks
- Chapter 6: Drawing with UIKit and Core Graphics
- Chapter 7: Responding to User Interaction
- Chapter 8: Animating Your Graphics
- Chapter 9: Making Noise with iOS Audio APIs
- Chapter 10: Building a Networked Game with GameKit
- Title: Beginning iOS Game Development
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): Wrox
- ISBN: 9781118107324