Learn how to integrate all the interface elements iOS users have come to know and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, toolbars, and sliders. In this edition of the best selling book, you’ll master a variety of design patterns, from the simplest single view to complex hierarchical drill-downs.
Assuming little or no working knowledge of the Swift programming language, and written in a friendly, easy-to-follow style, this book offers a comprehensive course in iPhone and iPad programming. The book starts with the basics, walking through the process of downloading and installing Xcode and the iOS 11 SDK, and then guides you though the creation of your first simple application.
The art of table building will be demystified, and you’ll learn how to save your data using the iOS file system. You'll see how to to create, load and work with playgrounds as you develop an understanding of the Swift language. You’ll also learn how to save and retrieve your data using a variety of persistence techniques, including Core Data and SQLite. And there’s much more!
Beginning iPhone Development with Swift 4 covers the basic information you need to get up and running quickly with your iOS apps. Once you’re ready, move on to Professional iPhone Development with Swift 4 to learn more of the really unique aspects of the SDK and Swift language.
What You Will Learn
Table of contents
- 1. Getting to Know the iOS Landscape
- 2. Writing Your First App
- 3. Basic User Interactions
- 4. Adding Intermediate-Level User Interactions
- 5. Working with Device Rotations
- 6. Creating a Multiview Application
- 7. Using Tab Bars and Pickers
- 8. Introducing Table Views
- 9. Adding Navigation Controllers to Table Views
- 10. Collection Views
- 11. Split Views and Popovers for iPad Apps
- 12. App Customization with Settings and Defaults
- 13. Persistence: Saving Data Between App Launches
- 14. Graphics and Drawing
- Title: Beginning iPhone Development with Swift 4: Exploring the iOS SDK
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484230725
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Swift in Depth
Swift in Depth guides you concept by concept through the skills you need to build professional …