In this chapter, you will learn
- How to create regular expressions
- How to use convenience methods in the String class to perform regular expression-based find-and-replace
- How to use the Pattern class to compile regular expressions
- How to use the Matcher class to match a regular expression against an input string
- How to use groups in regular expressions
- How to perform advanced find-and-replace using the Matcher class
What Is a Regular Expression?
A regular expression is a way to describe a pattern in a sequence of characters. The pattern may be used to validate the sequence of characters, to search through the sequence ...