In this chapter, you will learn
- What annotations are
- How to declare annotations
- How to use annotations
- What meta-annotations are and how to use them
- Commonly used annotations
- How to access annotations at runtime
- How to process annotations in source code
What Are Annotations?
Annotations were introduced in Java 5. Before I define annotations and discuss their importance in programming, let’s discuss a simple example. Suppose you have an Employee class, which has a method called setSalary() that sets the salary of an employee. The method accepts a parameter of the type double. The following snippet of code shows a trivial ...