In this chapter, you will learn
- What lambda expressions are
- Why we need lambda expressions
- The syntax for defining lambda expressions
- Target typing for lambda expressions
- Commonly used built-in functional interfaces
- Method and Constructor references
- Lexical scoping of lambda expressions
What Is a Lambda Expression?
A lambda expression is an unnamed block of code (or an unnamed function) with a list of formal parameters and a body. Sometimes a lambda expression is simply called a lambda. The body of a lambda expression can be a block statement or an expression. An arrow (->) is used to separate the list of parameters ...