New Input/Output 2
In this chapter, you will learn
- What New Input/Output 2 is
- How to work with a file system and file store
- How to represent a platform-dependent abstract pathname using a Path
- How to perform different file operations on a Path object
- How to traverse a file tree
- How to manage file attributes
- How to watch a directory for changes
- How to perform asynchronous file I/O operations
What Is New Input/Output 2?
Java 7 introduced New Input/Output 2 (NIO.2) API, which provides a new I/O API. It provides many features that were lacking in the original File I/O API. The features provided in NIO.2 are essential for working with ...