In this chapter, you will learn
- What Swing components are
- Different types of Swing components
- How to validate input in a text component
- How to use menus and toolbars
- How to edit tabular and hierarchical data using JTable and JTree components
- How to use custom and standard dialogs
- How to customize a component’s properties such as colors, borders, fonts, etc.
- How to paint components and how to draw shapes
- Immediate painting and double buffering
What Is a Swing Component?
Swing provides a huge set of components to build GUIs. In Java programs, a Swing component is an instance of the JComponent class. The JComponent class ...