After a very short history of Java, we will jump right into Java programming. We will create and use a bare bones program to demonstrate the Java basics and the capabilities of Rational Application Developer.
After finishing this chapter, you should understand:
- Basic Java keywords and syntax
- Classes, methods, and variables
- Constructors and comments
- Perspectives and views
Using WebSphere, you will be able to:
- Create projects, packages, and classes
- Use and customize perspectives and views
- Write a basic Java application
- Run a Java application
The Java Language
Java shares many of the same characteristics as spoken and written ...