Creating Hybrid Apps that Run Natively
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Understanding web, hybrid, and native apps
- Understanding the PhoneGap project
- Setting up the iPhone development environment
- Setting up the Android development environment
- Building hybrid iPhone apps
- Building hybrid Android apps
- Using the device camera
- Streaming data uploads for efficiency
- Streaming data onto Amazon S3
In this chapter, you will learn how to build apps that you can publish to the Apple App Store and the Android Marketplace. These apps are different from web apps. The user can download these apps as binary packages. It is your job, as a developer, to build this package and upload it to the App Store or Marketplace.
You will learn how to set up your development environment to produce hybrid iPhone and Android apps, how to run hybrid apps in a device simulator, and how to deploy hybrid apps to physical devices. You ...