6+ Hours of Video Instruction
Get started developing applications on Linux!
Beginning Open Source Development on Linux LiveLessons provides an introduction to the world of Open Source Software (OSS) development so you can quickly acquire the skills you need to develop in a Linux environment. This video teaches you everything you need to know to gain a solid foundation in the concepts of OSS as well as an introduction to essential Linux functions. You will also discover which programming languages are available before exploring specific languages, including BASH shell scripting, Perl, Python, C, C++, and Java. An introduction to GIT, a tool that allows for version control of software products, is also included.
About the Instructor
William “Bo” Rothwell is a Lead Instructor and Courseware Developer at One Course Source. William has more than twenty years of experience teaching Unix and Linux courses. During his career he has authored over thirty technical courses on topics that include programing and system administration. In addition to his Linux experience, his areas of expertise also include Perl, Python, Tcl/TK, and Shell programming.
- Open Source development in Linux fundamentals
- Any individual who wants to create Open Source Software on Linux-based systems.
The LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more.
View all LiveLessons on InformIT at http://www.informit.com/livelessons.
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: Open Source Software
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Linux
- Lesson 3: The Linux Filesystem
Lesson 4: Essential Linux Commands
- Learning objectives
- 4.1 Explore command-line tools: Viewing files
- 4.2 Explore command-line tools: Finding files
- 4.3 Explore command-line tools: Comparing files
- 4.4 Explore command-line tools: Shell features
- 4.5 Examine test editors
- 4.6 Manage data
- 4.7 Examine text editors
- Lesson 4 Exercise
- Lesson 4 Exercise Solution
- Lesson 5: Essential Linux System Administration Tasks
- Lesson 6: Linux Programming Languages
- Lesson 7: Bash Shell Scripting
- Lesson 8: Perl Scripting
- Lesson 9: Python Scripting
- Lesson 10: C, C++, and Java
- Lesson 11: GIT Essentials
- Lesson 12: File Management with GIT
- Lesson 13: Manage Differences in Files
- Lesson 14: Advanced GIT Features
- Title: Beginning Open Source Development on Linux
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0134597567
You might also like
Linux Sound Programming
Program audio and sound for Linux using this practical, how-to guide. You will learn how to …
Learning Linux Mint
In this Learning Linux Mint training course, expert author Daryl Wood will teach you everything you …
Model-Based Testing for Embedded Systems
What the experts have to say about Model-Based Testing for Embedded Systems: "This book is exactly …
HTML5 in Action
HTML5 in Action provides a complete introduction to web development using HTML5. You'll explore every aspect …