Beginning PhoneGap is a definitive, one-of-a-kind book that teaches the fundamentals and strategies behind cross-platform mobile application development. Instead of learning languages like Objective-C, focus on building apps from day one for Android, iOS, Blackberry, WebOS and Symbian—without the complexities of these platforms.
By the time you finish Beginning PhoneGap, you'll know PhoneGap inside and out, and, consequently, be able to develop mobile web apps faster and more efficiently than ever before. Make more money in less time!
What you'll learn
To understand mobile web applications development using the PhoneGap framework
How to build simple apps for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, WebOS and Symbian
The differences in capabilities across various mobile devices
All the major features in PhoneGap, like geolocation, camera, media, storage, and more.
How to build app which make use of OAuth for authentication with services like Facebook
How to extend PhoneGap using the PhoneGap plugin development framework
Who this book is for
This book is for project managers and developers of mobile applications who plan to develop for more than one platform, and are interested in saving money and time in the development process.
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewers
- Chapter 1: Understanding Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development
- Chapter 2: Getting Started with PhoneGap
- Chapter 3: Setting the Environment
- Chapter 4: Using PhoneGap with jQuery Mobile
- Chapter 5: Using PhoneGap with Sencha Touch
- Chapter 6: Using PhoneGap with GWT
- Chapter 7: PhoneGap Emulator and Remote Debugging
- Chapter 8: Using PhoneGap Plug-Ins
- Chapter 9: Extending PhoneGap
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430239031