Beginning PowerShell for SharePoint 2013 is a book for the SharePoint administrator looking to expand his or her toolkit and skills by learning PowerShell, Microsoft's vastly flexible and versatile object oriented scripting language. PowerShell is the future of Microsoft administration, and SharePoint is a complex product that can be managed more easily and quickly with PowerShell cmdlets and scripts. This book helps bridge the gap, introducing PowerShell fundamentals and operations in the context of deploying, migrating, managing, and monitoring SharePoint 2013.
Author Nik Charlebois-Laprade begins by explaining the fundamental concepts behind the PowerShell language. Then, with copious real-world examples and scripts, he lays the foundation for PowerShell novices to automate interactions with the various pieces and components of the SharePoint 2013 platform.
For SharePoint administrators wanting to do more with the technology, or for SharePoint developers trying to build their skills on the administration side, Beginning PowerShell for SharePoint 2013 is the perfect book to kick off your PowerShell journey.
Takes you through the various PowerShell cmdlets available in SharePoint 2013
Teaches you how to maintain your SharePoint farm using PowerShell
Provides real-life examples on how to perform day–to-day operations on your SharePoint farm using SharePoint
What you'll learn
Manage on-premises and Office 365 SharePoint instances using PowerShell
Write re-usable PowerShell scripts
Understand the architecture of PowerShell
Perform operations on a wide variety of SharePoint components using PowerShell
Plan, prepare, and execute a SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration using PowerShell
Proactively monitor SharePoint farms for issues using PowerShell.
Who this book is for
Beginning PowerShell for SharePoint 2013 is for both SharePoint administrators and SharePoint developers who want to extend their knowledge of the technology. It's an excellent book for technical users who would appreciate a quick, at-hand reference.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: Introduction
- CHAPTER 2: What’s New in PowerShell for SharePoint 2013
- CHAPTER 3: Configuring Your Environment for PowerShell
- CHAPTER 4: PowerShell Basics
- CHAPTER 5: Installing & Deploying SharePoint with PowerShell
- CHAPTER 6: Managing SharePoint with PowerShell
- CHAPTER 7: Managing Apps and Solutions Using PowerShell
- CHAPTER 8: Administering and Monitoring SharePoint with PowerShell
- CHAPTER 9: Managing Office 365 SharePoint Online with PowerShell
- CHAPTER 10: Upgrading from SharePoint 2010 to 2013 Using PowerShell
APPENDIX A: PowerShell Cmdlets
- Title: Beginning PowerShell for SharePoint 2013
- Release date: March 2014
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430264729