Get started developing on the Force.com platform in no time. With step-by-step guidance, starting with setting up your developer environment and progressing through to deploying to production, you will learn industry best practices to release robust custom applications with tangible benefits to your company or your client.
Geared specifically toward beginning developers, Beginning Salesforce Developer establishes a strong understanding of basic code constructs through examples. Rather than simply explaining how to use the platform, you will receive a comprehensive understanding of why, allowing you to address platform quirks and "gotchas" that might occur. The book also serves to lay the foundation for continuing on to Salesforce Developer Pro.
- Configure your Salesforce development environment
- Understand the Salesforce data model and query languages
- Create basic Apex triggers
- Use standard controllers with basic Visualforce pages
- Utilize Visualforce with custom-built Apex controllers
- Write test coverage
Who This Book Is For
Salesforce administrators who wish to transition into developing on the Force.com platform. The book also serves as a quick immersion into the world of development for complete beginners through proprietary Salesforce development languages on the Force.com platform.
Table of Contents
- Title: Beginning Salesforce Developer
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484233009