Beginning Sensor Networks with Arduino and Raspberry Pi teaches you how to build sensor networks with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and XBee radio modules, and even shows you how to turn your Raspberry Pi into a MySQL database server to store your sensor data!
First you'll learn about the different types of sensors and sensor networks, including how to build a simple XBee network. Then you'll walk through building an Arduino-based temperature sensor and data collector, followed by building a Raspberry Pi-based sensor node.
Next you'll learn different ways to store sensor data, including writing to an SD card, sending data to the cloud, and setting up a Raspberry Pi MySQL server to host your data. You even learn how to connect to and interact with a MySQL database server directly from an Arduino! Finally you'll learn how to put it all together by connecting your Arduino sensor node to your new Raspberry Pi database server.
If you want to see how well Arduino and Raspberry Pi can get along, especially to create a sensor network, then Beginning Sensor Networks with Arduino and Raspberry Pi is just the book you need.
What you'll learn
How to build sensor nodes with both Arduino and Raspberry Pi!
What is XBee?
What methods you have for storing sensor data
How you can host your data on the Raspberry Pi
How to get started with the MySQL database connector for Arduino
How to build database enabled sensor networks
Who this book is for
Electronics enthusiasts, Arduino and Raspberry Pi fans, and anyone who wants hands-on experience seeing how these two amazing platforms, Arduino and Raspberry Pi, can work together with MySQL.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: Introduction to Sensor Networks
- CHAPTER 2: Tiny Talking Modules: An Introduction to XBee Wireless Modules
- CHAPTER 3: Arduino-Based Sensor Nodes
- CHAPTER 4: Raspberry Pi-based Sensor Nodes
- CHAPTER 5: Where to Put It All: Storing Sensor Data
- CHAPTER 6: Turning Your Raspberry Pi into a Database Server
CHAPTER 7: MySQL and Arduino: United at Last!
- Introducing Connector/Arduino
- Building Connector/Arduino-Enabled Sketches
- Troubleshooting Connector/Arduino
- A Tour of the MySQL Connector/Arduino Code
- Project: Building a MySQL Arduino Client
- Project Example: Inserting Data from Variables
- Project Example: How to Perform SELECT Queries
- Component Shopping List
- CHAPTER 8: Building Your Network: Arduino Wireless Aggregator + Wireless Sensor Node + Raspberry Pi Server
- CHAPTER 9: Planning Wireless Sensor Networks
- APPENDIX: Shopping List
- Title: Beginning Sensor Networks with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430258247
You might also like
Hands-On Embedded Programming with C++17
Build safety-critical and memory-safe stand-alone and networked embedded systems Key Features Know how C++ works and …
20 Easy Raspberry Pi Projects
20 Easy Raspberry Pi Projects is a beginner-friendly collection of electronics projects, perfectly suited for kids, …
Home Automation with Raspberry Pi: Projects Using Google Home, Amazon Echo, and Other Intelligent Personal Assistants
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
Effective Python: 90 Specific Ways to Write Better Python, 2nd Edition
Updated and Expanded for Python 3 It’s easy to start developing programs with Python, which is …