In the previous chapter we looked at the excellent Three.js WebGL framework and showed how it abstracts lower-level WebGL API calls. This abstraction simplifies and expedites development. This chapter introduces additional tools that can help your development be productive and enjoyable. Topics that we will cover in this chapter are the following:
- The merits of using a WebGL framework and the benefits of learning core WebGL
- Currently available frameworks
- Basic “Hello World” philoGL and GLGE framework examples
- Loading existing meshes and models
- File formats and import/export tools
- Finding and modifying existing shaders ...