Creating Windows 8 Applications
- Chapter 5: Principles of Modern Windows Application Development
- Chapter 7: Using XAML to Create Windows 8 Style User Interfaces
- Chapter 8: Working with XAML Controls
- Chapter 9: Building Windows 8 Style Applications
- Chapter 10: Creating Multi-Page Applications
- Chapter 11: Building Connected Applications
- Chapter 12: Leveraging Tablet Features
Principles of Modern Windows Application Development
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Grasping the concepts of the Windows 8 design language
- Understanding the difference between synchronous and asynchronous programming
- Using the new asynchronous patterns in C# 5.0
WROX.COM CODE DOWNLOADS FOR THIS CHAPTER
You can find the wrox.com code downloads for this chapter on the Download Code tab at www.wrox.com/remtitle.cgi?isbn=012680. The code is in the Chapter05.zip download and individually named, as described in the corresponding exercises.
Before you start to program, however, you first must understand the basic principles of modern Windows application development. In this chapter, you learn about the key concepts of the Windows 8 design language, and then ...