5Pay Attention to the Preliminaries
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain how to bring a reluctant party into negotiations.
• Create a physical setting appropriate to the negotiation.
• Negotiate practical issues dictated by cultural differences.
• Describe techniques to learn more about the other side as you begin negotiating.
• Strategize where to begin in your negotiations.
The previous chapter explained what you must do to prepare for a negotiation. Even when those tasks are done, a number of things must be addressed to get things off to a good start. In some cases, you must get the other party to ...
Get Best Practice Workplace Negotiations now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.