By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain how to bring a reluctant party into negotiations.
• Create a physical setting appropriate to the negotiation.
• Negotiate practical issues dictated by cultural differences.
• Describe techniques to learn more about the other side as you begin negotiating.
• Strategize where to begin in your negotiations.
The previous chapter explained what you must do to prepare for a negotiation. Even when those tasks are done, a number of things must be addressed to get things off to a good start. In some cases, you must get the other party to ...