In Chapter 2, we reviewed the five Level 1 IPO diagrams for the formal testing process, as listed below:
1. Extract Test Information From Program Plans, process 1.1
2. Create Test Plan, process 1.2
3. Create Test Design, Test Cases, Test Software, And Test Procedures, process 1.3
4. Perform Formal Test, process 1.4
5. Update Test Documentation, process 1.5
In this chapter, I expand the detail of the Level 1 IPO diagram presented in Chapter 2 for process 1.1, Extract Test Information From Program Plans. The goal of this process is to extract any requirements for testing from the higher-level plans, so that the scope of the test effort can be identified. ...