Words that sound alike or look alike can cause many problems in spelling. Study the following words and refer to these pages when you are writing your paragraphs.
1. Use a before words beginning with consonants or consonant sounds.
Examples: a chair, a boy, a tree, a picture, a youth
2. Use an before words beginning with vowels (a, e, i, o u) or a silent h.
Examples: an apple, an egg, an idea, an honor, an opal
3. And connects words, phrases, and clauses. It is a coordinating connective.
Examples: Don and I are going to the concert.
1. Accept is a verb. It means to receive gladly, to agree to.
Example: I accept your invitation with pleasure.
2. Except is a preposition. It means excluding, ...