Beyond Training Ain't Performance Fieldbook provides a clear and concise roadmap for anyone wishing to implement human performance principles in their organization. It is a direct answer to fans of the 2004 book, Training Ain't Performance, who asked for implementation guidance in the same whimsical, informative, and entertaining format as the original book. You will find useful worksheets and assessments, tools and practical advice that will speed your organization toward realizing the value of a performance approach. To make your job even easier, the book includes a CD-ROM with all the needed worksheets and tools to get you started today.
Note: CD-ROM is not available.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Why Beyond Training Ain't Performance
- Chapter 2: How the Beyond Training Ain't Performance Fieldbook Works
- Chapter 3: Working Within the Performance System
- Chapter 4: What's My Greatest Performance Block?
- Chapter 5: Engineering Effective Performance and Conducting Front-End Analyses
- Chapter 6: Developing Learning Interventions—Systems and Models
- Chapter 7: Nonlearning Interventions: Job Aids
- Chapter 8: Nonlearning Interventions: Environmental
- Chapter 9: Nonlearning Interventions: Emotional
Chapter 10: From Training Order-Taker to Performance Consultant
- What does it Mean to Be a “Consultant” in WLP?
- The Value Add of Performance Consulting
- Revisiting the Competency Areas and Critical Characteristics for Performance Consulting
- Am I Doing it Right?
- Handling Inquiries
- Conducting the Initial Interview
- Mastering the Proposal Process
- Preparing Project Reports
- Making Presentations
- Chapter Summary
- Chapter 11: Managing the Client-Performance Consultant Relationship
- Chapter 12: Evaluating Results
- Chapter 13: Hit or Myth: Facing the Facts
- Chapter 14: Beyond Training Ain't Performance: Ongoing Growth and Development
- Chapter 15: External Support Systems
- Appendix A: A Lexicon of Human Performance Improvement Terms
- Appendix B: Structured On-the-Job Training In Developing Nations
- Additional Resources
- About the Authors
- Title: Beyond Training Ain't Performance Fieldbook
- Release date: April 2006
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781562864071