Theory of Sampling
After completing this chapter, you can understand the following:
- The definition, meaning and significance of sampling and its distribution.
- The concept related to different methods of sampling with examples.
- The concept of large and small samples.
- The need for sampling in biological decision making situations.
- The standard error concept and its importance.
- The estimation of population parameters with the help of sample statistic.
In this chapter we discuss the concepts of sampling and sampling distributions, which is the actual basis of statistical estimation and hypothesis testing. The main purpose of sampling is to allow us to make use of the information gathered from the sample ...