Hypothesis Testing/Parametric Tests/Distribution Tests/Tests of Significance
After completing this chapter, you can understand the following:
- The definition, meaning and significance hypothesis.
- The need for testing of hypothesis in the field of biological environment.
- The applicable distributions for testing the hypothesis.
- The concept of multivariate analysis.
- The actual applications to biological decision making situations.
It helps to reach a decision about a population by examining the data contained in a sample from that population.
In order to make a decision regarding the population parameter based on the sample information, we are supposed to make an assumption about the population parameters. ...