2Determining the Best Approach
The remaining chapters of this book cover the capabilities of the BlackBerry application platform and then dig into each application development option in detail. Before any BlackBerry application development project begins, the developer must first make some decisions regarding the following:
• How the application will access server-based data
• Whether the application will manipulate a local copy of the data or access the data on the server
• Whether the application’s data will be pushed to the application or pulled down from the server
• Whether the application should be purchased or built
• Which of the platform’s supported application technologies will be used to build the application
This chapter covers the ...