This chapter provides the information developers need when beginning a BlackBerry Java development project and trying to select the right development tools to use. This chapter includes information on how to download and install the RIM’s Java development tools. Chapter topics are
• Understanding the BlackBerry Java Application files
• Selecting the right development platform for Java applications
• Installing the BlackBerry Java development tools
• Obtaining and installing the application signing keys needed to run applications that use controlled application programming interfaces (APIs) on BlackBerry devices
• Using the Preprocessor to generate different versions of an application ...