The BlackBerry JDE Plug-In for Eclipse (eJDE) enables developers to build BlackBerry Java applications using the Eclipse IDE. It offers the same tight integration with the MDS simulator and BlackBerry device simulators as the BlackBerry JDE, which allows developers to build and test BlackBerry Java applications in the same environment. This chapter helps BlackBerry developers understand how to get started using the eJDE and covers the following:
• Creating a BlackBerry project
• Adding source files to a project
• Adding an icon to the project
• Signing BlackBerry Java applications
• Creating the .alx, .cod and .jad files for an application
• Using Conditional Compilation
• Debugging BlackBerry ...