After an application is tested, debugged, and certified for distribution, the next thing a developer must worry about is how to deploy the application to its users. The BlackBerry platform supports several ways to deploy applications, including the following:
• Wired deployment using BlackBerry Desktop Manager
• Wired deployment using the BlackBerry Application Web Loader
• Wired deployment using JavaLoader.exe
• OTA Pull using the BlackBerry Browser
• OTA Push via the BES
• Deploying applications through the BlackBerry App World
This chapter covers each deployment method and highlights the strengths and weaknesses of each option. This topic affects both developers and administrators, and many will argue that it’s ...