Time for action – making the oarlock
This will be a change of methods. However, with some deletion of faces, copying them, moving them, and extruding them, you will soon have an oarlock:
- Open a new file in Blender.
- Press X to delete the default cube.
- Make a cylinder. In the Tool Shelf, set the radius to
0.083 like the shaft of the oar, as seen in the following screenshot:
- Change to the Top view, Ortho mode, and zoom in to the cylinder.
- Press A to deselect the cylinder. Press Shift + A, and select Mesh and then Torus from the drop-down menu.
- In the Tool Shelf, set the Major Segments to
18 and the Minor Segments to
12; then, set the Major Radius to