Time for action – reducing render times
The basic idea here is to reduce the workload. You want to turn off everything that you don't need:
- Move the mouse over the Timeline window and go to the Current Editor type button in the lower-left corner of the window.
- Select Text Editor from the menu, as you learned in Chapter 9, Finishing Your Sloop.
- Select Text in the Text Editor header and choose Create Text Block from the pop-up menu.
- At the top of the UV/Image window, where the image is rendered, you will see the time that it took to render the frame. In the Text Editor, note that time.
- In the Properties window header, select the Render button. It's the button with the still camera on it.
- In the Dimensions subpanel, make sure that the Resolution percentage ...