Time for action – making an emission material
Now, you have the kiln set, but you need to have a source for the light. This will be an emission material. With Cycles, your light source can be any shape:
- Press the 3 and 5 keys on the NumPad to get the Right Ortho view.
- Press Shift + A and create a UV Sphere from the Mesh menu.
- Scale it down so it just fits within the central cavity of the kiln.
- In the Materials panel of the Properties window, press the + sign to create a new material. Click on the New button. Name the material Light.
- In the Surface subpanel, change the Surface from Diffuse BSDF to Emission. You may have to scroll to the bottom to find it.
- Set Strength to
- In the Timeline window, select the Current Editor Type button, and choose Node ...