Chapter 6. Rigging the Low Resolution Mesh
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Building the character's Armature from scratch
- Perfecting the Armature to also function as a rig for the Armor
- Building the character's Armature through the Human Meta-Rig
- Building the animation controls and the Inverse Kinematic
- Generating the character's Armature by using the Rigify add-on
To be able to animate our character, we have to build the rig, which in Blender is commonly referred to as an Armature, and this is the skeleton that will deform the Gidiosaurus low resolution mesh.
The rigging process in Blender can be accomplished basically in two different ways:
- By building the Armature by hands from scratch
- By using the provided Human Meta-Rig ...