Parenting the Armature and Mesh using the Automatic Weights tool
In this recipe, we are going to see one of the more commonly used parenting options: the handy Automatic Weights tool.
Start Blender and open the
- Select the Armature item in the Outliner and press Ctrl + Tab to go out of Pose Mode and enter Object Mode.
- Go to the Armature window under the Properties sidepanel to switch the Display mode from Wire to Octahedral and deselect the Shapes item.
- Enable the third Armature layer by clicking on the 3rd button under the Skeleton subpanel.
- Disable the 13th scene layer to hide the Armor.
- Go in to Edit Mode and Shift multi-select the MAIN bone, the pole bones and the ctrl bones; in short, all ...