Chapter 2. Sci-Fi Pistol - Adding Details
In this chapter, we'll cover some additional topics as we work on our pistol. These include the following:
- Scaling along face normals
- The Shrinkwrap modifier
- Cutting shapes into curved surfaces
- The knife project tool
- The inset tool
- Proportional editing
- Pivot points for rotation
- Scaling along individual origins
- Creating pipes with torus objects
- The Array modifier
Finishing the handgrip
Right now, our handgrip (or handle) looks fairly plain. Let's work on this for a while, and see if we can get a better look at it.
The first thing we'll do is select the large face at the side of the handgrip:
We'll duplicate this by pressing ...