3+ Hours of Video Instruction
Blockchain, the underlying technology of cryptocurrencies, is positioned to revolutionize the world economy; and Ethereum as a particular blockchain enables new decentralized use-cases with the ability to run programs called smart contracts.
The Blockchain and cryptocurrency are important tools for a decentralized market that needs to protect its speed, security, and reputation. Blockchain technologies are being researched by the largest corporations to securely transact and run their business. The concept of smart contracts, micro finance, and transparent transactions are all benefits of the Blockchain. This course will provide a developer the techniques necessary to write applications that run on a Blockchain.
The supporting code for this LiveLesson is located at http://www.informit.com/store/blockchain-applications-and-smart-contracts-livelessons-9780135265659.
About the Instructor
Jim Steele has held lead, architect, and senior management positions at variety of technology companies from RF communications to location-based technology to sensor systems. He is passionate about new technology to enable software developers.
Jim has held research positions in theoretical physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Ohio State University. He is the lead author of The Android Developer’s Cookbook, which was designed to help application developers start working on the Android mobile operating system. He is also a noted speaker and has given many invited lectures. He holds a Ph.D. in theoretical physics from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Intermediate to Advanced
What You Will Learn
- What are relevant Blockchain application use-cases
- How to set up a development environment for Solidity
- Details of the Solidity language and how to code a smart contract
- How to create a test network to test applications without cost
- How to launch a smart contract in a live network
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone who is interested in learning the basics of smart contracts
- Developers, program managers, and blockchain enthusiasts
- Computer professionals, software engineers, and algorithm engineers
- Basic understanding of computer programming and using an IDE (integrated development environment) such as Visual Studio
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Blockchains and Smart Contracts
- Lesson 2: Ethereum: A Smart Contract Blockchain
- Lesson 3: Solidity: A Contract-Oriented Language
- Lesson 4: Testing, Debugging, and Deploying Smart Contracts
- Lesson 5: Smart Contracts Example: A Custom Token in Ethereum
- Title: Blockchain Applications and Smart Contracts: Developing with Ethereum and Solidity
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0135265630
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
How Lightstep Implemented Observability
Observability is a hot topic in software engineering, but how do we decouple what’s useful from …
Elasticsearch 8 and the Elastic Stack: In-Depth and Hands-On
Learn all the latest techniques to search, analyze, and visualize big data with Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …