The easy-to-use guide to interpreting candlestick charts and derivative markets
Candlestick charts are an effective way of visualizing price movements and, due to the increased interest in the complex derivatives market, they are being used more and more widely. A combination of a line-chart and a bar-chart, where each bar represents the range of price movement over a given time interval, candlestick charts are most often used in technical analysis of equity and currency price patterns. A guide to the most used charts, The Candlestick Glossary is arranged in an easy-to-use manner, providing a quick reference for those new to the field.
Candlestick charts are formed with the help of the opening, high, low, and closing price of the day—if the opening price is above the closing price then a filled candlestick is drawn, and these charts are visual aids for decision making in forex, stock, commodities, and options trading.
Contains alphabetical explanations of over 200 candlestick and related terms
Includes daily charts of 50 companies, and six-month charts for comparative explanations of candlesticks with Western-style technical indicators
Written by Michael C. Thomsett, author of over sixty books and hundreds of articles, including the bestselling Getting Started in Bonds, also published by Wiley
A practical and concise resource for anyone new to this way of representing derivatives, The Candlestick Glossary presents sometimes confusing concepts in a format that is easy to understand and digest.
Table of Contents
- Bloomberg Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting
- Introduction: The Value of Candlestick Charting
- Chapter 1: Types of Charts
- Chapter 2: The History of Candlesticks
- Chapter 3: Candlesticks and Their Attributes
- Chapter 4: Pitfalls of Candlesticks
- Chapter 5: Confirmation
- Chapter 6: The Six Basic Candlesticks
- Chapter 7: Candlestick Alphabetical Entries
- Chapter 8: Noncandlestick Confirmation Indicators and Terms
- Appendix: Bloomberg Functionality Cheat Sheet
- Title: Bloomberg Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): Bloomberg Press
- ISBN: 9781118098455